Monday, May 04, 2009

Where babies come from....

We have been having some really interesting conversations with Jeremiah recently. There has been lots of baby talk in our house. No, we are not having another baby. Aunt Cherise is now visibly pregnant and baby girl cousin is now known as Lily. Jeremiah is excited about having a cousin. Nathaniel has no clue what the heck is going on and looks at me like I have lost my mind when I show him how to touch aunt Cherise's belly and talk to cousin Lily.
I often tell the boys how thankful I am that God gave them to me, just like God is giving Lily to Chad & Cherise. This morning while we were snuggling on the couch Jeremiah calmly explained this to me completely out of the blue:
"Mama, God gave me to you. I think you were on the road or maybe on the driveway. And God just put me down in a box and I got on my tricycle and there I was!"
Not quite the way it works kiddo. :-)

1 comment:

jaywalker said...

haha! snort.