Out of my bondage, sorrow and night,
Jesus I come, Jesus I come
Into Thy freedom, gladness and light
Jesus I come to Thee
Out of my sickness into Thy health
Out of my wanting into Thy wealth
Out of my sin and into Thyself
Jesus I come to Thee
Out of the fear and dread of the tomb
Jesus I come, Jesus I come
Into the joy and light of Thy home
Jesus I come to Thee
Out of the depths of ruin untold
Into the peace of Thy sheltering fold
Ever Thy glorious face to behold
Jesus I come to Thee
Death looks different when you love Jesus. There is a peace. A desire to be home. And when you love the person dying you have that same peace and desire despite your own sorrow.
Aaron's Grannie is in the hospital. Her cancer has advanced and she is facing the end of her earthly days. We have been bringing the boys to visit her at the hospital with a special emphasis this weekend on the fact that this could be the last time they see her here on earth. Jeremiah is hesitant to approach the bed, but informs me daily that he wants to visit Grannie and to sing to her. He brings his children's Bible so that he can read her stories. Nathaniel willingly gives her hugs and kisses, and yesterday sweetly held her hand and prayed "gee-jus gannie feel better."
Grannie's prayer is that she go home to be with her Saviour. She is tired and in pain and is ready to be home. This afternoon our little family, joined by Steve & Brenda (Aaron's parents), Caleb & Monica, and Cherise stood around her bed and sang. We were led in prayer by our pastor. It was a sweet moment and we felt God's presence.
Some of Aaron's family do not trust in Jesus for their salvation. To them death is frightening and they despair when they think that this goodbye will be forever. Pray that we would have the strength to show them the light of the Gospel in the midst of sorrow.
Jesus I come, Jesus I come
Into Thy freedom, gladness and light
Jesus I come to Thee
Out of my sickness into Thy health
Out of my wanting into Thy wealth
Out of my sin and into Thyself
Jesus I come to Thee
Out of the fear and dread of the tomb
Jesus I come, Jesus I come
Into the joy and light of Thy home
Jesus I come to Thee
Out of the depths of ruin untold
Into the peace of Thy sheltering fold
Ever Thy glorious face to behold
Jesus I come to Thee
Death looks different when you love Jesus. There is a peace. A desire to be home. And when you love the person dying you have that same peace and desire despite your own sorrow.
Aaron's Grannie is in the hospital. Her cancer has advanced and she is facing the end of her earthly days. We have been bringing the boys to visit her at the hospital with a special emphasis this weekend on the fact that this could be the last time they see her here on earth. Jeremiah is hesitant to approach the bed, but informs me daily that he wants to visit Grannie and to sing to her. He brings his children's Bible so that he can read her stories. Nathaniel willingly gives her hugs and kisses, and yesterday sweetly held her hand and prayed "gee-jus gannie feel better."
Grannie's prayer is that she go home to be with her Saviour. She is tired and in pain and is ready to be home. This afternoon our little family, joined by Steve & Brenda (Aaron's parents), Caleb & Monica, and Cherise stood around her bed and sang. We were led in prayer by our pastor. It was a sweet moment and we felt God's presence.
Some of Aaron's family do not trust in Jesus for their salvation. To them death is frightening and they despair when they think that this goodbye will be forever. Pray that we would have the strength to show them the light of the Gospel in the midst of sorrow.
1 comment:
i'm glad you have the opportunity to show your children what death looks like - the kind that has lost it's sting in VICTORY!
Post a Comment