Last week started rough and ugly. Yet, God was gracious and by the end of the week we were all more joyful and life was more harmonious. So here are more of His good gifts:
- feeling joy again after a few days in "a funk"
- a whole day spent outside- boys and sticks
- the simple joy of a picnic lunch at the park
- sweet, dirty toes- Nathaniel's "Mama. Hey Mama. Look at me Mama. You listening to me Mama?" my face sandwiched in his little hands
- Nathaniel spending every waking minute of his day outside
- sitting next to my husband after a day full of work and watching the boys play in the golden evening light
- birds splashing in the bird bath- a bright red cardinal bathing in the early morning light
- the way Jeremiah's hair turns into a bright blond halo in the spring sunshine- quiet teaching moments with Jeremiah
- Jeremiah swinging blissfully in the evening light belting out, "EVERLASTING YOUR LIGHT WILL SHINE WHEN ALL ELSE FADES! AND THE CRY OF MY HEART IS TO BRING YOU PRAISE! FROM THE INSIDE OUT MY SOUL CRIES OUT!" unselfconsciously for the whole neighborhood to hear
- bright coral camilla blossoms- the Cross
I see the cross and it's all I need to see
I see the cross and it calls me to believe
No other way to be reconciled,
to receive complete forgiveness
No other choice could have set us free,
could have paid the price of justice
So I come, as I am, to the place where mercy meets me
I see the cross
I see the cross, lifted high for all to see
I see the cross, it's the love the nations need
No other way to be reconciled,
to receive complete forgiveness
N other choice could have set us free,
could have paid the price of justice
So I come, as I am, to the place where mercy meets me
I see the cross
You suffered and died, poured out Your life
You showed us the way to truly be great
Yet this just begins the Father's full plan,
now there is a way
To share Your resurrection, to live forever
Through Your death and life
To share Your resurrection, to live forever
Through Your death and life
- Brian Doerksen

I am becoming a joy finder and counting His gifts. I am up to 295 in my personal journal. I choose to share some here.
No comments:
Post a Comment