Thursday, February 16, 2012

Bedroom re-do

A few Saturday's ago I went into mad cleaning, rearranging mode. I kept dreaming of having a bed room that feels like a place to retreat to. I kept dreaming of a no-kids zone that was comfy, cozy, romantic and most of all clean. However, I also hate to spend money and even though we needed a bed frame I was too cheap and our mattress stayed on the floor. So, we did some swapping out of furniture and I got rid of a bunch of clothes again so I could get rid of a big wardrobe and we did some major deep cleaning.

Now I smile big and happy when I enter our room!

The bed frame came from the guest room. It was a Craigslist find that we got because it came with the brand new mattress we were buying. So even though the bed frame is more elaborate than our usual minimal /modern taste it was in our house and free. And I actually think it looks nice. Without the wardrobe in the room we were able to rearrange and add a little chair in front of the window. Bliss! I can sit and read or talk on the phone while I watch the kids play out in the back yard. Or, I can just retreat and sit quiet when things are getting too chaotic.

When I walk into this room at the end of another crazy day I feel like I automatically breath deep and relax. 

I feel that change is in the air for our family. Not just with the foster/adoption thing but maybe also in other areas. Aaron and I have been doing a lot of talking about our priorities, how we want to live our lives, crazy stuff like that. We signed Jeremiah up for baseball this spring, which will be a new experience for all of us. It is so nice to have a calm retreat to escape to.

1 comment:

Norman said...

Hey - that's our bedframe!