Tuesday, June 12, 2012

New Project


The room on the back of our house gets used a lot. It is always an unorganized mess of all kinds of randomness. One of the projects on our summer list is to paint, deep clean, and organize this room. The plan is for this room to not only be our play room but also our main school room. We already have the furniture picked out for it, but it doesn't make sense to go get the furniture until the painting and cleaning is done. We have lived in this house for 3 years and this room gets a lot of traffic and not a lot of cleaning (since it is out of sight it is easy to let it go). So let's just say that new paint and some deep cleaning were much needed. 

Instead of going and getting a new color I decided to save a buck and go with left over paint from our rental property. It's not a color I would normally pick out, Parisian Taupe by Behr, which to me just means "boring tan." But it is a neutral color, I had a whole gallon of it, and it is the kind that already has the primer in it (love that!) so I decided to just go with it. I've decided I like it in this room because there are so many windows and so much sun that the tan doesn't get too dark. It also helps that there is really only one large wall to cover, all the other walls are broken up with windows, closet doors, or a pass through window. 

I spent the day painting while the boys entertained themselves for the most part. Jeremiah did want to help paint a little bit and did a great job. It feels good to have the first part of this project done! I always put off painting because it seems like such a hassle, but then when it is done I love how fresh and clean a room feels and I wonder why I didn't do it sooner. Now we just need to do the deep cleaning and go get the furniture! Did I mention that we have swim lessons this week, are taking the kids to a Goo Goo Dolls concert on Friday night, and I am hosting a baby shower at our house on Saturday? I will probably get the cleaning done, but the furniture may have to wait. 

No comments: