Tuesday, August 28, 2012

First Day of School 2012 (sort of)


I do believe we have become a homeschooling cliche. Smile. First, we don't really have an official first day of school this year. We started handwriting and math in July. Jeremiah started his Science class 2 weeks ago. Today we started our Core C from Sonlight. Second, the grade levels are just estimates. The Core C is technically 2nd grade, but Jeremiah is doing 3rd grade Science and 3rd grade Language Arts. Nathaniel is doing Kindergarten Handwriting and Math, and learning to read. Is that pre-K? I have no idea. Third, we got up and took these pictures without even combing our hair or putting on cute "back to school" clothes.

Anyway. Now that our crazy month of August is over this week is the week we try to get back in to a more normal routine. So we got up this morning, ate breakfast, did our chores, and started on our Core work. But first we did something fun. Last night I searched for a fun interview on Pinterest and decided on this one from All for the Boys. We will do one every year, add their picture, and put it in the front of the binder I keep for them with their school work from the year. I think it will be a fun way to chronicle their changes over the years.

 


 

We are looking forward to this year. It will be different to be doing more intentional work with Nathaniel. But he has been so excited to be doing his own school work!
So we are jumping in (officially) and hoping to have another fun year of learning!

Sonlight Curriculum

No comments: