Even though we still have 6 weeks left of our Sonlight Core C curriculum to complete before we can call our school year done I went ahead and ordered our Core D curriculum for next year. We went hiking with friends this morning and got caught in a rain shower. When we returned home our Sonlight box was waiting for us in the carport and the boys were anxious to open it and see what was inside. I will admit I was anxious too. I love to open the box and stack up all the shiny new books. It is so fun to look through them all and see what our next year of learning holds. We are completing two years of Intro to World History and next year we will start our first year of Intro to American History. I actually don't know as much about American history as I do about European history so I am eager to learn right along with Jeremiah.
Today Nathaniel was excited to get his new handwriting and math workbooks. He breezed through his first Reason for Handwriting workbook this year finishing it a few weeks ago and he is itching to get started again.
Next year will bring some significant changes for us. I will be starting Nathaniel on Core A: Young Adventurers: Explore God's Big World! while also doing Core D: American History, Year 1 of 2 with Jeremiah. It will probably take some adjustment to get us used to doing the work of two Core curriculum rather than just doing one and having Nathaniel listen in as he is interested. But I don't have to worry about that right now. Right now we are enjoying finishing up our year, taking a break for a few weeks, and looking forward to the new things we will be learning again in the fall.
We order all our curriculum through the Sonlight website. You can click on the referral link below to see what resources they have.



No comments:
Post a Comment