We have sung this song a few times in church lately. The words are amazing! The melody sounds like an older hymn. I love songs that remind me of the core of the gospel - my sin being paid for by a God who loves me unconditionally. There are so many days that I need that reminder because I let my sin and imperfection overwhelm me. And I strive every day to remember,
"I will not boast in anything
No gifts, no power, no wisdom
But I will boast in Jesus Christ
His death and resurrection"
"I will not boast in anything
No gifts, no power, no wisdom
But I will boast in Jesus Christ
His death and resurrection"
| |
| How Deep The Father's Love For Us by Stewart Townsend |
| Lyrics: |
| How deep the Father's love for us, How vast beyond all measure That He should give His only Son To make a wretch His treasure How great the pain of searing loss, The Father turns His face away As wounds which mar the chosen One, Bring many sons to glory Behold the Man upon a cross, My sin upon His shoulders Ashamed I hear my mocking voice, Call out among the scoffers It was my sin that held Him there Until it was accomplished His dying breath has brought me life I know that it is finished I will not boast in anything No gifts, no power, no wisdom But I will boast in Jesus Christ His death and resurrection Why should I gain from His reward? I cannot give an answer But this I know with all my heart His wounds have paid my ransom (REPEAT) |
1 comment:
i love stuart townend hymns - our church has several favorites. and yes, the home study was fine. :) but now i need to get an fbi fingerprinting check done asap. any ideas on how to expedite that?
Post a Comment