
I come from a family of travelers. I have more memories than I can count of airports, airplanes, and long car trips. I remember the games we used to play and the endless amount of snacks and entertainment that my mom seemed to magically pull out of her bag.
I actually love car trips. Especially before children when Aaron and I would be in a car for hours watching the scenery go by, listening to music, and passing the time with conversations of things big and small. Of course, now I am the mother who must have a magic bag of tricks to keep the kids happy.
I will admit that there was part of me that was dreading the long drive to and from Pennsylvania. I just had no idea how the boys would do being awake for most of the drive. They must have inherited some of the travel DNA though because they did great and we actually enjoyed most of the trip!
Of course, there are a few things that help: stopping every 2 hours for a 1/2 hour of play, plan meal stops to correspond with Chik-fil-A (clean, good food, and always an indoor playground), lots of books, a small box of never before seen toys, and above all an attitude of patience and flexibility!
I actually love car trips. Especially before children when Aaron and I would be in a car for hours watching the scenery go by, listening to music, and passing the time with conversations of things big and small. Of course, now I am the mother who must have a magic bag of tricks to keep the kids happy.
I will admit that there was part of me that was dreading the long drive to and from Pennsylvania. I just had no idea how the boys would do being awake for most of the drive. They must have inherited some of the travel DNA though because they did great and we actually enjoyed most of the trip!
Of course, there are a few things that help: stopping every 2 hours for a 1/2 hour of play, plan meal stops to correspond with Chik-fil-A (clean, good food, and always an indoor playground), lots of books, a small box of never before seen toys, and above all an attitude of patience and flexibility!



No comments:
Post a Comment