Friday, October 02, 2009

A good week

God blessed us with a wonderful week! I'm not sure if it was the beautiful fall weather, my discipline in exercising and trying to keep us on a better schedule, or the fun visits we had with friends interspersed with our work but this week just seemed to run smoothly and be full of good things.

Standing proudly in front of the area of the garden where we planted 100 bulbs!
It was a fun way to spend a gorgeous fall morning - digging, finding worms, ("LOOK MY WORMMIE" screamed Nathaniel every time he found one), learning about bulbs and how they will sleep during the winter and hopefully bring bright flowers in the spring. I'm not quite sure how the big fishing net came into the whole thing....

A pirate hiding on his ship.
The boys have been doing better and better at playing together with no help from me. Yesterday after we planted all those bulbs they took off with their swords and fishing nets and spent an hour playing pirates under our weeping cherry tree. I took advantage of the break and sat in the sun with a Mason jar full of cold water and a Jane Austen book. It was bliss!

I made a few loaves of bread earlier this week (partly because I wanted to and partly because I was waiting until payday to go to the store) and the process intrigued the boys.

Other things we did this week:
Met Mr. Timmy and his seeing-eye dog at story hour. I tried to explain the concept of "blind" to Jeremiah by asking him to close his eyes to which he promptly replied, "But Mr. Timmy's eyes were open!"
Spent a delightful morning with Eli and Shanna. The boys played while Shanna and I worked out and visited.
Ate a few meals out in the gazebo.
Went walking with Lisa and "baby" Jude. The boys are crazy excited about Jude's 1st birthday party on Saturday.
Took Nathaniel's crib apart and created a "big boy bed" out of his former crib mattress now on the floor. (More on that later.)

We have a fun weekend ahead and starting next week Thursday Aaron will be on Fall break for 6 whole days! We are trying to decide how to spend that precious time. Any ideas?

2 comments:

jaywalker said...

camping!

roadrunner201 said...

Jude was excited to have them there!