Friday, April 16, 2010

Seeing




I am learning to see beauty in the little things around me. On days when I feel my voice getting clipped and impatient and my shoulders tensing up I take out my camera and try to get a new perspective. I wander about the yard looking at light and color. I try, mostly in vain, to capture the way the spring sunlight is filtering through the trees. I try to capture the brilliance of the evening sun setting a bright pink azalea bush aflame.

It's not so much about the photography (which I think is ok but doesn't have that wow factor that I see on other blogs). It's about breathing and seeing. It's about noticing the detail in the creation that I usually just give a cursory glance to. I see God's love and care and creativity in every single flower. I watch the birds splash in the bird bath and feel simple joy. I lay in the grass and feel the last warming rays of the spring sun touch my face.

In taking those moments to notice I realize that I too am noticed.

No comments: