
My gift journal continues to fill. Some days I scribble and scribble my hand not able to keep up with the gifts that I try to record. Some days I sit and reflect and have to dig deep because distraction or grumpiness or selfishness have blurred my vision and the gifts seem few and far between. Yet, I am starting to see a change in my consciousness. Even on hard days when I feel trial and temptation I feel the need to praise. I am learning that because God is good His gifts are in fact surrounding me even when I am prone to despair. And I am learning, to quote a friend, that "God's definition of good and my definition of good have not always been the same."
- communion with Him, early in the morning
- watching the boys be welcoming and sharing
- grocery shopping and dinner at Panera, alone (!)
- gentle spring rain
- vulnerability
- thunderstorms
- knowing I am not alone
- deeper honesty
- knowing we are being prayed for (and feeling that)
- walking home from church, Jeremiah's hand in mine, talking about what he learned in Sunday school & singing worship songs
- Nathaniel's head on my shoulder as I worship
- confession of sin
- hamburgers on the grill
- yard sale finds (God's provision)
- beautiful flowers cut from bushes in the yard, arranged in mason jars
I keep a gratitude journal with my gifts now numbering 364. I share some of them here. You can read more, or join the community yourself by clicking on the button below.

No comments:
Post a Comment