Monday, October 04, 2010

1000 Gifts (29)

We have been very busy lately. It doesn't feel like a hectic, hurried busy. All the things we have been doing are good, serving, and even soul feeding. Yet, there have been moments in which I have felt a bit overwhelmed with the simple maintenance of our home. Last night after small group Jeremiah threw up again, after we thought that the worst of the stomach bug had passed, and I realized that we really and truly need to slow down.

When I sat down to blog today I realized that even though I have been consistent the past few weeks in waking early to spend time with God, I have not been taking the time to count the gifts. So, I started right away:

643. Jeremiah feeling extra snuggly, a bit unusual for this growing 5 year old who is getting too big for my lap

644. Nathaniel's grateful, enthusiastic, generous, forgiving heart

645. my husband who gets up at 4am to deal with throw-up so that I can sleep

646. fall sunshine through the dining room window

647. the first batch of pumpkin muffins!

648. spending the day in my comfiest sweat pants

649. friends who call to check on me

650. plump pumpkins on the front step

651. nights that are cold enough to warrant the thick winter comforter on our bed

652. the way the goldening light announces that fall is finally here

653. answered prayer

holy experience

No comments: