Saturday, October 02, 2010

Slowing down

We had a lot of things planned for this Saturday. We were going to clean, and go to a birthday party, and try to hit the sale at the Goodwill, and have dinner with friends. Instead, both boys are snuggled in bed listening to The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe on CD because they have a stomach bug.
Aaron was up with Nathaniel last night and I have spent the morning with household cleaner and paper towels in my hands, cleaning up and holding bowls and running the washing machine.
Even though nothing much this week has gone as I have planned I still feel peaceful and content. I am tired after struggling with insomnia for most of the week. While I am sorry that my boys aren't feeling well, I am thankful for a day to slow down, snuggle together, and just be quietly here.

No comments: