The living room. The fabric on the wall is from Africa. I have had it for a few years but have never hung it because the edges are frayed and I never found time to finish sewing it into a finished wall hanging. This year I used thumb tacks and hung it on the wall for us to enjoy. I am glad I did.Thursday, December 23, 2010
the year of imperfect decorations
Until our Christmas party last Sunday my heart wasn't really into decorating and stuff was just kind of put out randomly. But last weekend I decided to pull it all together with some magnolia leaves and call it done for the year. My decorating is just a hodge-podge of things that we have collected over the years that we love. I prefer a blue, white & metallic winter theme, but other colors and styles have made their way in. Perfectly imperfect for us.
The living room. The fabric on the wall is from Africa. I have had it for a few years but have never hung it because the edges are frayed and I never found time to finish sewing it into a finished wall hanging. This year I used thumb tacks and hung it on the wall for us to enjoy. I am glad I did.
The living room. The fabric on the wall is from Africa. I have had it for a few years but have never hung it because the edges are frayed and I never found time to finish sewing it into a finished wall hanging. This year I used thumb tacks and hung it on the wall for us to enjoy. I am glad I did.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
decorating in a new house - fun, but you are always planning ahead to the next year when you will do it better (and quicker and easier!)
i LOVE the african print. i have a very special nativity set from swaziland. maybe i should do a post like yours. sigh. when we have time...
Post a Comment