Monday, April 04, 2011

1000 gifts - friends, an answer to prayer

A few years ago, in the midst of loneliness and isolation as a new stay-at-home mom, I wrote a prayer in my journal. I begged God to send me a girlfriend. I wanted someone to laugh and cry with, someone to talk to, someone to share the struggles of being a wife and a mother with, someone to pray with and just be real with.

These past few weeks I have felt absolutely astounded by the love and support and care that I have received from not just one girlfriend, but many. God has answered my prayer beyond all my expectations! As I think about the life we are living here and the roots we are putting down I think of all the women that God has brought into my life. So many women that I view as sisters. Each one of them showing me God's love in a different way. Each one of them encouraging me to seek God first in my daily tasks and responsibilities. Each one of them speaking truth to me when I need to hear it. Each one of them providing me with opportunities to laugh, or cry. Each one of them being willing to pray for me when I call.

I am grateful and counting today the women who surround me as sisters.

No comments: