It has been quite a week here at our house. Spring has sprung spectacularly here in Georgia and we are spending almost every waking minute outside. The bulb flowers have faded but the azaleas in our yard are ablaze with color. The dogwood trees are dressing themselves in lace. The birds twitter and chirp and dart around the yard.
I had surgery last Tuesday. Nothing is wrong with me. It was elective, but rather extensive, and so I am learning the art of resting. It's actually quite a challenge to just sit and be still while others carry out the day-to-day responsibilities of feeding, clothing, entertaining, disciplining, cleaning. I have been completely overwhelmed by the care and support our family has received. Not only are my parents here, with mom basically running the household for a few weeks, but we have received meals and phone calls and cards. Thankfully, my recovery is going better than I had anticipated, and I am hoping to be back to all my regular duties soon.
In the meantime the boys are enjoying spending days with Opa and Oma. They have been planting flowers in the yard, going on hikes, playing at the playground, practicing baseball and soccer, playing with Opa's iPad, taking walks and generally reveling in getting to spend so much time together.
I had surgery last Tuesday. Nothing is wrong with me. It was elective, but rather extensive, and so I am learning the art of resting. It's actually quite a challenge to just sit and be still while others carry out the day-to-day responsibilities of feeding, clothing, entertaining, disciplining, cleaning. I have been completely overwhelmed by the care and support our family has received. Not only are my parents here, with mom basically running the household for a few weeks, but we have received meals and phone calls and cards. Thankfully, my recovery is going better than I had anticipated, and I am hoping to be back to all my regular duties soon.
In the meantime the boys are enjoying spending days with Opa and Oma. They have been planting flowers in the yard, going on hikes, playing at the playground, practicing baseball and soccer, playing with Opa's iPad, taking walks and generally reveling in getting to spend so much time together.
No comments:
Post a Comment