Friday, July 08, 2011

5 Minute Friday - Grateful


It's been a week of sick, and rest. I'm joining The Gypsy Mama for 5 Minute Friday again. Five minutes to write, no editing, no perfection. :-)
Today's topic: Grateful

GO

I am rediscovering gratefulness this week. Re-learning how to give thanks and have joy in every moment.

Grateful for a summer cold that has slowed me down and made me rest. Grateful for a man who lets me sleep while he cares for children and home. Grateful for sleep and tea and vitamins and a comfy bed to cocoon in.

Grateful for re-reading books that are reminding me of my priorities. Grateful for the Spirit who speaks to my soul in the wee hours of the night, pulling me back to prayer and His Word and reliance on Him.

Grateful for new patience and self-control. Grateful for silly conversations and good fun with my oldest. Grateful for restful, individual time with my youngest.

Grateful for the summer afternoon thunderstorms that encourage us to keep cozy in our home with books and games and plain old togetherness.

Grateful for renewal.

STOP

3 comments:

Carol said...

Hello from Texas!! :) I am the next after you on Five Minute Friday!! Awww I sincerely hope you recover from your cold quickly, and how wonderful to have your hubby step in and help out!! :) Enjoy your rest time, I am thankful again for the gentle reminder you gave me to spend more of my time in prayer and being quiet since most of my day is filled with running after little ones! Enjoy your weekend!!

Carol

Deborah said...

I love that: 'Grateful for silly conversations and good fun'.

Hope you have more of them today!

Julie on an adventure said...

I appreciate this post! :)