Monday, November 19, 2012

busy & relaxing days

Thanksgiving break is finally here! We are more than ready to have Aaron home for the week and just enjoy some quiet time together. Last week we had two evenings home in a row and it felt so nice to be back in our regular evening routine again. I had forgotten how nice it is to not have to hurry dinner time, or bath time, or bed time.

Jeremiah is sick. He has had some strange coughing issues since August. We have tried some different treatments and the coughing always seems to return. This time the congestion got so bad he has an ear infection. Poor kid. The doctor suggests allergy and asthma testing as our next step. Sigh...

Our plan for this week is rest, rest, and more rest. And a few household chores. And Thanksgiving. And an overnight visit with little S man. If you are interested in reading about our process with him you can click on my "Other Blog" link in the side bar of this blog. I am trying to keep that separate for a while for confidentiality purposes.

Thanksgiving is my favorite "holiday." I feel like we have been in such a whirlwind that I haven't really had time to prepare my heart and mind. Hoping that this week we can slow down and refocus a bit. Hope you get the chance to do that too.

No comments: