Sunday, March 31, 2013
He is risen!
We were eagerly anticipating our Easter tradition of having lunch at Mrs. Linda's house and smashing confetti eggs. But yesterday Jeremiah spiked a fever and was diagnosed with the flu. On this Resurrection Morning Nathaniel and I slipped into church and celebrated Christ's victory over death. We tried to keep our distance from people as much as possible in case we are contagious. This year especially I feel such joy at knowing that the price for my sin has been paid and I am free to live in the joy and victory of Christ's resurrection. After the service everyone was given a white balloon. We stood in the parking lot as Pastor Travis proclaimed, "Christ is risen!" and we let the balloons fly. Yes, he is indeed! I saw those balloons drift off and felt part of my heart let go of the guilt and shame I have carried lately. It was a bit disappointing to not head off to Mrs. Linda's but we came home and made a delicious pot of chicken noodle soup. We have taken restful naps and are going to spend the evening snuggled on the couch watching movies.
Tomorrow I will have surgery to have my gallbladder removed. We are praying that Jeremiah's germs don't spread and everyone else in the house stays healthy. Aaron is home all week on spring break.
*The balloons and strings were all biodegradable. Smile.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment