Saturday, March 16, 2013

Resurrection Garden


 


 
 For a number of years now I have been wanting to use a Resurrection Garden to help us walk through the two weeks before Easter in a more intentional way. This year I put it on high priority. This morning after soccer practice we headed to Home Depot and got our supplies. We had a friend with us who helped us. The boys got really excited about it and enthusiastically ran around the yard gathering the appropriate sticks and rocks. When it was time to take their picture they said, "How about instead of saying 'cheese!' we say 'GRACE!'"
This was s simple and fun project and like our Jesse Tree at Christmas time I hope this will be a visual reminder that will help us focus our hearts as we contemplate the sacrifice and victory of our Savior.
(I patterned our Resurrection Garden off of the one that Ann Voskamp shows in her blog A Holy Experience. We will also put the stone in front of the tomb on Good Friday and I bought a pretty butterfly to put in place on Easter morning.)

No comments: