Tuesday, November 05, 2013
Suddenly it's fall
We woke up one morning and it was Fall. Soccer is winding down (just the championship games to go!), the yard is a mess of leaves no matter how often we rake, we went to the annual Harvest Party out at Mrs. Linda's, we all had our first cold/congestion illness, we are preparing for the Highlands Retreat, and suddenly we have to close the windows and make sure the heat is on at night.
I have lots of things to post about (including more about our Philly trip that was a month ago now), but right now we are playing catch up. Thankfully we are seeing our busy season slowing down. Soccer is ending which frees up our weeknights and the pastoral search committee, which was taking up so much of Aaron's time, is wrapping up too! I feel disorganized and slightly chaotic but am determined to keep calm and just tackle one thing at a time.
Yesterday evening I was home with the boys. It was calm and peaceful. We ate together and then had plenty of time after showers for some read-alouds, Bible reading, and prayer. We dug out our "Gratitude Journals" from last November and started again. It felt so good to just be. It was refreshing to take time for our evening routine, to not be rushed. I am determined that we will slow down and enjoy November and Fall.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment