Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Quiet-ing

It has been quiet here on the blog. Which is never my intention. This blog serves as the kids memory books really. Every now and then I will scroll back through old posts and I am so thankful that I took the time to record our memories. This year it has been harder. I have had some emotional, spiritual, and physical struggles and so it has been survival mode around here. But I think we are emerging. I feel energy returning.

We are enjoying a much slower and quieter pace after the hectic pace of fall. We are snuggling down and staying in and enjoying our own little nest. I feel more centered, peaceful, and purposeful. I love puttering around the house with no where to go. We work and play to the twinkle of lights and the soundtrack of Christmas music, reminding me that the Light has come and the darkness cannon overwhelm it. We "decked our halls" little by little and this year the boys pretty much decorated the whole tree by themselves. I stayed pretty stress free through the process and considered that a major victory. Our own family traditions are solidifying; Jesse Tree readings, unexpected surprises in stockings at random times, hot chocolate and popcorn while we read books from the Christmas book basket, friends over after the town Christmas parade.

We will not be traveling for Christmas this year. It will be a year for quiet celebration here at home.

No comments: