Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Date Afternoon

Chad & Cherise came over yesterday afternoon to watch the boys so that Aaron and I could get a few hours away and actually have a date! We are so thankful for their love and care for our little ones. Jeremiah worships them in the way that every nephew should worship their aunts & uncles.

If you know me then you know that I do not give up control easily. When Aaron bought his motorcycle a few years ago I told him not to expect me to ever ride on the back. The thought terrified me (chalk that up to control issues as well as a few falls on motorcycles in Nigeria...). Aaron has never pushed the issue with me, but he loves to ride and I have been able to tell that he would like to share the experience with me. So yesterday I surprised him by telling him that we could take the bike. We had a nice easy ride into Chattanooga where we had a relaxing early dinner (I loved not having to scarf down my food in between feeding Nathaniel and cleaning up after Jeremiah) in which we were actually able to finish a complete adult conversation! I can't say that riding the motorcycle is a relaxing or exciting experience for me, but I think I did pretty well trying to relax and just enjoy the ride.


Nathaniel loves being outside. He loves popsicles. He loves pulling up on things and is starting to experiment with letting go and trying to stand on his own. He is quite the little character.

It seems that Jeremiah got a brain freeze while eating his popsicle. Uncle Chad thought that was hilarious. Jeremiah is learning how to throw a frizbee (and is actually really good at it), tell time, and learn the days of the week.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Sarah, on the bike!
And you both should be absolutely proud of your little boys!

Anonymous said...

Sarah, you look good on that bike! I'm sure Aaron was very proud of you and happy to have you on with him! Well done.
Your boys are adorable. I can imagine that the younger will spend alot of his life trying to be like and 'get to' the older, while the older will spend much time trying not to be 'messed with'! Ha!
Have fun with them - these pics will be a great laugh for them someday! Love, Aunt Carol

Anonymous said...

Way to go with riding the bike, Sarah! That pic of Nathaniel getting brain freeze cracked me up!
- Cousin Lauren

Anonymous said...

Eeerrr! Jeremiah's brain freeze!
Lauren