Saturday, June 14, 2008

Yesterday's random moments


Nathaniel is just not a predictable sleeper... But so sweet when he finally gives in...


Jeremiah picked out new shoes! He initially wanted pink but I just was not able to give in to that. I tried to get him to choose navy blue or something that would be more versatile but he would have none of it - they had to be red! I can't really blame him. I have a thing for red shoes too. (Yes, you see right, Jeremiah is not wearing any shorts. He has a thing about not wanting to put his shorts back on after his nap. Most days I don't feel like making a battle of out it and yesterday I thought it added to the charm of the picture - big t-shirt, new shoes, bare legs - what a cutie!)

More random thoughts because I am too tired to make a cohesive whole:

*Both boys have had a weird, quick 24 hour fever thing that came and went. So we have spent the past 2 days trying to rest and get plenty of fluids. They seem fine today.

* Holland seems to be doing really well in the European Championships. Seriously. They were in "the group of death" (meaning a really hard group for those of you not familiar with soccer) but have beat Italy 3-0 and France 4-1. It seems like maybe we can hope for them to go all the way! I was all excited to watch the game on our computer yesterday, then we found out that the website doesn't take American Express. Suck! We are going to have to figure out something before the quarter finals.

*My parents head to Greece on Monday for a painting vacation, while they are gone Ben & Ramona will make their move to America. Seems strange to picture my brother and sister anywhere but in Amsterdam. But I know they are excited about these new opportunities.

* Tim Russert died yesterday. The moderator of Meet the Press. My Sunday mornings never seem complete if I don't get the chance to sit down with a cup of coffee at 9am and watch Mr. Russert skillfully, intelligently, and politely pick apart the latest in politics. He always seemed like the kind of guy I would love to sit down with for a few hours and chat.

3 comments:

jaywalker said...

satellite radio carries most of the games if you could find someone who has it in their car! we've been listening to a lot too!

Amy Ross said...

I love the sleeping pictures...i love it when they are on their belly with their little bottom up in the air...makes you want to pick them up and snuggle...

Anonymous said...

The sleeping pics are always the cutest!! They are always the times when you can see how looonnnggg your kids are getting while you were too busy to notice, too! Enjoy! So sweet!! Love, Aunt Carol