Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Outdoor fun

A serious Jeremiah.

Little fingers holding tightly to rocks. Nathaniel's first real pair of shoes.

Nathaniel bravely climbs the front steps and perches on the edge. Over and over again!
This child really has no fear.

Boys running

In action.

Hints of fall are in the air. I love all the little signs that the weather is about to cool and the seasons are about to change. I see the red berries on the dogwood trees. I keep the windows open longer in the morning as the humidity drops and the nights cool. I enjoy the way the light coming through my living room windows softens and goldens in the afternoon bringing dusk earlier. I like the darker mornings that help my kids sleep a bit later (we made it to 7:15 this morning!). And then there is the joy of watching 2 little boys play their hearts out in the evening between dinner and bath time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"After dinner and before bath time" - I was always amazed at how nicely the kids played during that time of day! Maybe it was because the heat was gone, dad was home, tummies filled, whatever, it was so pleasant! Lovely pics. I bet you are glad to have the summer humidity dropping a bit. Enjoy! Love, Aunt Carol.