Monday, November 10, 2008

MIA

Well, things were running along fine and smooth. I had a good schedule down with the boys. I was getting things cleaned and organized around the house. I had plans to go through the boys clothes, organizing, storing, weeding out. Then, BAM! Instead of spending my week in all of those noble pursuits I spent the week laying on the couch coughing, sneezing and trying to keep the boys out of too much trouble. By the end of the week my house was a disaster, I had not made it out of my sweats, and I was still exhausted and trying to fight off this nasty cold.
It is funny how a week like that can frustrate me. But I know that God's grace carried me through because now that I reflect on it the week was not so bad after all. I took extra time to snuggle the boys. We read tons of books, played dinosaurs on the floor, cozied on the couch watching Elmo or Thomas. Somehow I stayed patient and loving despite feeling like crap all week. God provided people to work for my on Friday and Saturday nights so that I didn't even feel guilty about calling in sick to work.
I awoke this morning still stuffy and snotty but with renewed energy. I am thankful for this home that God has given me and the family He has given me to serve. Instead of despairing at the repair I have to do after a week of minimal maintenance I am thankful for the energy I do have to tackle the tasks that God has given me. I am thankful for the lessons that my Father gently teaches me in the midst of daily life.

No comments: