Then I realize that I haven't been counting. My vision has been only for myself. My gratitude journal has lain neglected on the bedside table. So I sit quiet and breathe a prayer, "Please God! Show me!"
And my journal begins to fill again:
- Aaron thoughtfully choosing music for Jeremiah to listen to and discover in the morning
- laundry all caught up
- anticipating new books
- the boys increasingly playing well together, making up games
- Aaron home for the summer!
- the boys surprise and excitement at a mid-week family movie night
- grace and forgiveness freely offered and freely received (both of us)
- Aaron finding me a cute pair of jeans, on sale for $7, when my good jeans got a hole
- putting on a frilly shirt that I know will please my husband
- a date night!
- some of the boys favorite library books found at McKays, added to the vacation stash to surprise them
- sleeping in on a Sunday morning because the kids are at the grandparents and there is no Sunday school

No comments:
Post a Comment