Monday, July 19, 2010

1000 GIfts (23)


While I have not been posting my gifts here on my blog I have been continuing to count them in my journal. There were so many from our trip to Holland (one of them being the poppies pictured above)! It was a great way for me to jot down the events and memories of our trip without feeling the need to write copious narrative in my journal every night.

But, I am resuming my list on the blog with my entries from last week. The week Aaron was gone and God's grace and peace sustained me.

- a drive through softly falling rain
- singing along to "Peter Pan"
- kids playing while cousin and I visit
- a chubby, smiling baby
- patience when I feel I just can't take it any more
- a nice pool, and friends who share it
- Jeremiah getting over his fear of getting into the water in his own time
- Nathaniel doggie paddling, "I doin' it mama! I swimmed!"
- sunburnt shoulders
- picking cucumbers on a sweltering, humid summer evening
- exhaustion
- late nights watching chick flicks
- reading books in bed
- missing Aaron, absence does make the heart grow fonder
- Aaron home!
- boys wrestling with their papa
- boys chatter, telling papa all about their week
- candy land

holy experience

No comments: