One morning a few weeks ago Aaron woke at about 8:00 to a quiet house. Since the boys are normally early risers he went to check on them. Nathaniel was asleep in his bed but Jeremiah was out in the back yard, in the cold, in his pajamas. Aaron asked him what he was doing out there. Jeremiah replied, "I'm hunting breakfast."
We've been sick again this week. Both boys have really bad coughs and I just feel worn down and tired. It really is time to be intentional about slowing down. On Saturday we decided to do some shopping and run some errands as a family. Jeremiah started coughing really badly while we were out so Aaron bought some peppermints in an attempt to calm the coughing down. I have been talking lately to the boys about why we shouldn't eat a lot of sugar (depresses the immune system, turns into fat, takes our energy away). All of the sudden we hear Jeremiah from the back seat of the van, "Oh no! Papa! These have sugar in them! Now I am never going to feel better." A little dramatic perhaps but good to know that lesson is staying with him.
Tonight is the last night of the Jobs for Life class that I have been teaching. It has been a challenging and rewarding experience. I have been praying through how best to volunteer my time when this class is done. I was called a few weeks ago by the Director of the Sage Center (the crisis pregnancy center in our town) and asked if I would be interested in leading a weekly moms group. I would be encouraging moms and teaching basic child care. It sounds really interesting.
Last night, after our Jesse Tree reading, we sang Christmas carols and played Uno. It was so fun to just hang out with the 4 of us. Jeremiah won the game and lorded it over us with appropriate 5 year old glee.
We are hosting our small group Christmas Party this Sunday. But after that Aaron will be home for 2 weeks! I am hoping that we can slow down enough to enjoy each other and get some rest.
We've been sick again this week. Both boys have really bad coughs and I just feel worn down and tired. It really is time to be intentional about slowing down. On Saturday we decided to do some shopping and run some errands as a family. Jeremiah started coughing really badly while we were out so Aaron bought some peppermints in an attempt to calm the coughing down. I have been talking lately to the boys about why we shouldn't eat a lot of sugar (depresses the immune system, turns into fat, takes our energy away). All of the sudden we hear Jeremiah from the back seat of the van, "Oh no! Papa! These have sugar in them! Now I am never going to feel better." A little dramatic perhaps but good to know that lesson is staying with him.
Tonight is the last night of the Jobs for Life class that I have been teaching. It has been a challenging and rewarding experience. I have been praying through how best to volunteer my time when this class is done. I was called a few weeks ago by the Director of the Sage Center (the crisis pregnancy center in our town) and asked if I would be interested in leading a weekly moms group. I would be encouraging moms and teaching basic child care. It sounds really interesting.
Last night, after our Jesse Tree reading, we sang Christmas carols and played Uno. It was so fun to just hang out with the 4 of us. Jeremiah won the game and lorded it over us with appropriate 5 year old glee.
We are hosting our small group Christmas Party this Sunday. But after that Aaron will be home for 2 weeks! I am hoping that we can slow down enough to enjoy each other and get some rest.
1 comment:
Oh friend! I wish I had known you weren't feeling well this morning! I would have taken Jude to work with me so you could have gotten some more rest! (Although, as usual, he had a fabulous time because when they called me at work at 9:15, he just kept going on and on about sasa, na-jer, and nah-nah;-) )
Post a Comment