Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow break

It has been a strange week. We woke to 6-8 inches of snow on Monday morning. Snow in Georgia means that everything grinds to a halt. Schools are canceled for the rest of the week and most businesses are closed too. The stores that are open are devoid of the basic eggs, milk, and bread. So we have been comfortably ensconced here at home with no where to go and nothing to do.

I especially have been thankful because I spent Sunday feeling a horrible cold coming on. What a treat it has been to actually be able to rest in bed and work on getting better while Aaron is unexpectedly home! I spent most of Monday and Tuesday sleeping!

Aaron took the boys out in to the snow on Monday. They went on an expedition through the field in the back to the park a block down. Both boys came back cold and wet. Nathaniel had snow all down his pants! The excitement of the snow was over after that and they have had much more fun playing here with their papa. I feel really bad that we don't have any pictures of "the big snow" but my energy is lacking and now it is bitterly cold.

The snow still lies deep around the house. I love looking out of the window and seeing the white blanket. The peaceful scenery is opposite of my chaotic and whirling thoughts lately.

No comments: