I thought I would join 5 Minute Friday at Gypsy Mama just for fun. Five minutes in the midst of busy life, just to write.
Prompt: Waking Up...
Waking up is always difficult for me. I am a night owl by nature, but children who are early risers have changed that. Now my early morning alone time is cherished. I wake in the dark. I find my spot on the worn couch in the sunroom. I sit quietly watching the world outside my window wake. The sky pearls. The birds begin to chirp and flutter. The tulips in the bulb garden are closed up tight against the night time chill. As day breaks I beg for wisdom, and love, and patience, and joy for this day. The Word is on my lap. Feeding me with what I know I will need for this day.
5 comments:
Well said! What a wonderful way to start your day, full of the beauty of God's creation!
Oh how I love that last sentence. Perhaps that is what I will cling to when my alarm goes off in the morning that I am being fed "with what I know I will need for this day."
first time here and i have to say: LOVE the title of your blog. nice faulkner reference. as for your waking up post, such amazing images. the last sentence sticks with me as well. i adore the fact that He knows what we need, and if we just allow Him the time, He grants us the fuel for our day in His word. beautiful.
wonderful! thank you for sharing.
What a perfect way to wake up. I'm like you, a night owl with very early risers! If I so much as move in the mornings they are all wide awake. :)
Blessings,
Mel
Please feel free to stop by: Trailing After God
Post a Comment