Look at those handsome soccer guys! On Saturday morning we suited up and headed out on a perfect early fall morning in separate directions for the first games of the season. I went with Nathaniel and cheered him on while Aaron and Jeremiah went and played with their team. It was the only time this season that both boys had games going on at the same time in separate locations. From now on we will be able to be at all the games for each boy. I have more pictures of Nathaniel's first game but no time to edit and post them right now.
This post is scheduled to publish on Tuesday. We will be driving to Atlanta to visit my Geiger grandparents, my cousin Susan and her 3 month old son Ian. We have a crazy busy week with some kind of event every day and some kind of soccer practice or game every evening, and a whole slew of things scheduled for Saturday.
This morning I was tempted to panic. But, I breathed deep and gave myself permission to
- let the house be messy this week; clothes will not be folded and put away, beds will not be made, the kitchen counters will not be cleared off, and you should see our poor neglected yard...
- do a bare minimum of school work; we will keep up with math and language arts but history and science can slide.
- prepare simple meals; the boys will not starve if breakfast is oatmeal every morning, lunch is an apple, pudding and some nuts every day, and who knows what I will scrounge up for dinner.
- put taking care of myself (getting up for early work outs, Bible reading, and being in bed on time) ahead of taking care of the house.
- have fun! I can rush through this week stressed out and anxious, or I can enjoy the activities and what they bring.
- not plan any daily events for next week. That's right. I am going to say "no" if anything comes up for next week because I know that we will need the time at home to re-charge and get our routine back on track.

No comments:
Post a Comment