Joining The Gypsy Mama again for 5 Minute Friday. Five minutes of flat out writing. No editing.
Today's prompt: Tired
GO
It hits me on Wednesday morning. Exhaustion. Sick. I spend the day in bed while boys watch tv and play video games and generally make mayhem around me.
Husband stays home from work on Thursday so that I can visit the doctor and try to rest some more. I take my second round of antibiotics in less than a month. I stay cocooned in bed while husband tends to house and boys. I cancel upcoming weekend plans that were made. I ignore the unrestrained wrestling that is happening in the living room. I watch a chick flick. I drink copious amounts of tea. I sleep long and deep as afternoon sun streams through the windows.
I am too tired even to battle against the piles of laundry. Too tired to worry about grimy bathrooms. Too tired to worry about my ideals and plans for the holiday season that is here and me still unprepared. I blissfully ignore blogs with titles proclaiming how I can be prepared and stress-free and creative and frugal this holiday season. We can still have a lovely, meaningful Advent and Christmas if I just ignore all of that and do what I can do in the weeks ahead. Let go of expectation and just live in each moment.
I realize suddenly that it took tired to bring me to surrender.
STOP
5 comments:
hi neigbhor...sorry to hear your not feeling well...and yes...oh how exhaustion just brings us where we should stay...surrendered...
Blessings and hope you feel better soon...
Visiting from the Gypsy Mama's site. Sorry to hear that you are under the weather. Praying God to bring you rest and healing. Hoping Advent and Christmas are glorious for you.
Hello, visiting from link up. Isn't it amazing how it when we hit the bottom we realize we can't do it on our own and we have to surrender?
I pray you feel better soon and it is very inspiring to hear someone else say that they aren't going to be pressured by the others around them who have it 'all together'. I know I don't and its made me a little anxious to read about the plans of the 'organised'.
God bless!
I am so sorry for how terrible you have been feeling. I couldn't help smiling at your descriptions of the boys wrestling in the other room and the other fun chaos that ensued. With two boys and a little girl, I know what you are talking about! :) I am so happy you wrote here, though, because it brings such encouragement to see the peace He brings in the surrender, tired or not. I pray that you are better soon, though, and that you have a peaceful, beautiful Christmas season!
Love how you said 'let go of expectation and just live in each moment' - oh to do so each and every day. I do hope you are feeling better soon!
Post a Comment