Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Making Ornaments


 Both boys hard at work.

 Little fingers...

Nathaniel with his finished ornaments. 
He said, "Look mama! Now I am a REAL artist!"

 Jeremiah with his finished ornaments.

 All the ornaments.

Jeremiah's hand print. Proudly displayed front and center on the tree.

Nathaniel's hand print. Also front and center, but near the top. 
I've said it before, I dislike doing crafts with my kids. Patience is not one of my virtues, and it takes a lot of patience to do crafts with kids. But, I really wanted them to make ornaments this year. And I am trying to do better about doing things that they enjoy even though it isn't enjoyable for me (example: hours and hours of playing Uno). I ran across a salt dough recipe that was easy and decided to just go for it. Really, this was a simple craft and the boys LOVED it. This seemed like a good week to get creative since we have severely limited screen time in an attempt to get control of a beast that we have allowed to get out of control. We made the salt dough ornaments on one day, then painted them the next day. Some of these are gifts and some are for our tree. I am glad that I took the time to do this with the boys. It was a fun and easy way to get some creative juices flowing.

No comments: