Friday, September 14, 2012

What works





I have been trying to find new ways to stay organized. I have tried all kinds of calendar and list making apps on my Kindle Fire (still no smart-phone around here). I have searched Pinterest and printed off all different kinds of daily check lists and weekly overviews. None of those things were wrong in and of themselves, but they just weren't working for me. So this week I did what I had been putting off for a few weeks. I got out my trusty FamilyPlus organizer/calendar from Day-Timer that I picked up at Walmart in January for less than ten bucks. It seems so old school. But for me it was like slipping into my most comfy yoga pants. It just felt right.

I like to scratch my schedule and lists down on paper. I like having it all in one place so that when I think of something I can immediately write it down, because these days if I don't write it down I won't remember it. This Day-Timer has my schedule, my to-do lists, my menu, and my notes all in one place. It's not the newest fancy gadget, but it sure works for me. That is ultimately what matters anyway.

No comments: