I love it when God gives us good things in the most unexpected of ways. I love how He shows His goodness and love through seemingly small things.
Jeremiah has been begging us for a desk of his own. We have a school desk area where the boys do their school work together. More and more lately Jeremiah has been needing some autonomy and independence. A space of his own. We have been putting him off. I have some projects in mind for rearranging the boys bedroom to make it more functional for the ages they are now. I was trying to wait until we had some extra cash and could make one comprehensive IKEA run. So, Jeremiah kept asking, and I kept trying to come up with other solutions. But, he really wanted a desk, "So I have a place to write my books!"
Yesterday, this "beauty" was sitting by the side of the road in our neighborhood with a "Free" sign on it. Suddenly I just couldn't put it off any more. It was a free desk for goodness sake! We borrowed a truck and installed it in a corner in the guestroom. I don't really like it. It is cheap, and kind of ugly, and really really big. But my boy is over the moon happy! He puttered around yesterday putting things in drawers and lining up his folders and generally making himself at home. Periodically I would hear him exclaim, "This is so awesome!"
So all that is left for me to do is smile and thank God for this lovely way of showing love to my son. I can't wait to see what masterpieces come from Jeremiah's imagination at this new spot of his.

No comments:
Post a Comment