Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Pollen Pollen Everywhere

The weather is beautiful! Spring is officially here! The house across the street has masses of wysteria growing in the back yard and every now and then I catch a wiff of the sweet scent as it drifts through our open windows. The dogwood trees beside the house are in full bloom and I always get a little thrill of joy when I see the fresh, white flowers through our livingroom and diningroom windows. Georgia in the spring is beautiful.
Georgia in the spring also has a lot of pollen. There is so much pollen in the air that everything gets coated yellow. Both of our cars look yellow - that's right, even the dark green one. And inside all of our furniture has a light coating of yellow dust. That is because I refuse to close the window's and turn on the airconditioning.
This morning after playing at the playground Jeremiah was dirty! A combination of wet from the slides and yellow paste on his clothes from the pollen. Then he decided to drag his hand along the side of the car, coating his arm and hand in a combination of black and yellow gunk that truly was a sight to behold.
Thankfully I am not bothered by the pollen in the air. Other people sneeze, cough, have runny noses and stuffed heads. But somehow I escape the misery and am just able to enjoy the beauty. Truly a gift from God, especially this year.
Jeremiah on the other hand seems to have some allergy to the pollen. The past two days he has been congested and sleeping a little bit more than usual. But in general he seems to be in good spirits. But, I think that we will install his airconditioner and turn it on at night while he sleeps. Hopefully that will help some.
Tomorrow evening I go to Atlanta for a training on Friday morning. Uncle Chad and Aunt Cherise will come on Friday before Aaron leaves for work to take care of Jeremiah for the day. I am sure that he will have a blast!

No comments: