Monday, March 26, 2007

Sunday Worship

Church yesterday was an amazing worship experience. I almost didn't go because I was tired and worn out from the week before. But God knew what I needed. Every song, testimony, and the sermon met me exactly where I was at and provided encouragement and strength.
If you have been reading this blog then you know that I like to share song lyrics. Here is one of the songs we sang yesterday. It reminded me not only of God's love for me regardless of the sin in my life (and there is much!) but also of His glory and my desire for my life to reflect His glory rather than my own. My prayer this week is that I can continue to remember that even when I am sick, tired, and overwhelmed.
A thousand times I've failed, still Your mercy remains.
And should I stumble again, still I'm caught in your grace.
Everlasting,
Your light will shine when all else fades.
Never-ending,
Your glory goes beyond all fame.
Your will above all else, my purpose remains.
The art of losing myself, in bringing you praise.
Everlasting,
Your light will shine when all else fades.
Never-ending,
Your glory goes beyond all fame.
In my heart, in my soul, Lord I give you control.
Consume me from the inside out, Lord.
Let justice and praise, become my embrace,
To love You from the inside out.
And the cry of my heart, is to bring you praise.
From the inside out, Lord my soul cries out!

2 comments:

icajay said...

I love that song and I have posted on it before and almost did again yesterday because we sang it again in church. If you haven't heard other songs from Hillsong United you should check them out. We have a bunch we sing at Perimeter and each one is a good worship experience. But the imagery in this song is so good for me!

Norman said...

Good stuff Sar.
Hope and pray you are feeling better soon.
Love,
Dad