Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Latest Hijinks

Nathaniel seems to have hit some kind of developmental growth spurt. All of the sudden he seems to accomplish something new and interesting every day. I wanted to post pictures with this but life has been so busy that I haven't even taken any pictures in the past few days. So you will just have to use your imagination.
* Four top teeth have finally broken through! The problem with getting teeth (aside from the wakeful nights) is that they change the look of my baby's face. All of the sudden I see a little boy smiling at me and only glimpses of the baby remain.
* Crawling, crawling, crawling! This one just won't stop. He figured it out one day and has been enthusiastically exploring the house and chasing Jeremiah ever since. The problem with crawling is that it presents me with undeniable evidence of the dirtiness of my floor. I was doing the laundry the other day and wondering where the big dirty stains on the knees of Nathaniel's pants came from.....
* Imagine this, it is 3 o'clock in the morning and I have just fallen into a deep sleep after getting home from work after midnight. Nathaniel starts to cry and I am just too wiped out to go to him so I ask Aaron to get up. Nathaniel keeps crying even as Aaron is soothing and rocking him. In his most pitiful of whines we hear, "maaah-maaah-maaah-maaah!" It must be a fluke, he can't be talking already. But the next night he repeats his performance. The only time he will say my name is at 3 a.m. when he wants me.
* Nathaniel loves being outside. When we were platning vegetable plants in the front yard he was right there with us crawling through the grass and dirt and "helping" us dig holes. He evn ate grass!
* Jeremiah is learning lessons is sharing and learning to put the things that he does not want chewed on or destroyed out of Nathaniel's reach. But it is fun to watch the relationship between these brothers develop. The other day I was in a frantic hurry trying to get myself and the boys out the door by a certain time. I plopped the boys in their room and told them that they needed to play for a little bit so that I could get ready. As I was in the bathroom brushing my teeth I hear hysterical laughter coming from the bedroom. I poked my head around the door and witnessed Jeremiah and Nathaniel playing cowboy, a game which consists of Jeremiah putting his red cowboy hat on Nathaniel's head. Nathaniel laughs hysterically because the hat is too big and falls over his eyes. He then takes the hat off in a version of pee-a-boo. Both boys dissolve into fits of laughter. Repeat.
Life is busy but good. We are thankful for all of Gods blessings to us.

No comments: