









Fall always seems to be a time of reflection. With the days shortening and all the fun holidays just around the corner I find myself cherishing quiet moments in the day where I can sit, think, and just be for a few minutes. My mind has been full of deep, complicated thoughts recently and some days I just feel that time is slipping through my fingers. I think that is why I am making a concerted effort to just enjoy the moments of the day that I am given; Nathaniel's sweet kisses, Jeremiah's probing questions and enthusiastic energy, the loud banging and drumming that I hear all day long as they both make their own kind of music, the mornings spent exploring our yard, the after nap snuggles. All of this feels fleeting and poignant to me right now. I have not been taking many pictures lately because I just let myself get too busy. So yesterday I decided that we would just enjoy the morning with no agenda other than to spend time together and for me to take some pictures. It was going great until Nathaniel decided there was no way he would sit still for anything, Jeremiah started whining because he didn't want to sit in the "dirty leaves", and the camera batteries died. :-) But we did enjoy our morning.
1 comment:
I can't get enough of those pictures.
Oma
Post a Comment