Sunday, December 14, 2008

Little Drummer Boy

I think one of the most fun parts about being a parent is giving your child a gift that truly excites him. I mean, over the top, the world can't get better than this excitement. On Saturday we were able to do that for Jeremiah. We have been considering trying to get him a drum set for a while now. Mostly because he drums and bangs on everything in the house. Really. Everything. But it was hard to justify shelling out the money for a new drum set. On Saturday as I was out doing errands to keep the kids out of Aaron's hair I decided to run by the Goodwill to see if I could find any winter clothing in Jeremiah's size (rabbit trail: the boy has had a growth spurt and all his 3T sized pants are about an inch too short, I was hoping they would make it through the winter....). There in tub by the front door was a complete child sized drum set for a cheap price! I really got so excited I couldn't contain myself. I promptly paid for it and loaded it into the car. I didn't even look for clothes.
This was Jeremiah's reaction:

Can you tell he is excited?

Setting up.

Short tutorial on how not to hit them so hard you break them.

Figuring it all out. It's the first time he has used a base peddle and he got it right away.
I love the stuck out tongue as he concentrates.

I'm going now!

Of course now Nathaniel has to get in on the action. Actually though, Nathaniel likes to hear Jeremiah play and usually giggles and dances when the "music" starts.

"Yay! I got drums!"
Let me just say that this thing is better for keeping him entertained than TV. We have put it in his room where he happily spends hours listening to his Veggie Tales CD's and drumming along.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome, I know how he feels and about the teaching not to hit it so hard it breaks; you cannot ask that of a drummer ;)!!
Enjoy Jeremiah!

Unknown said...

That is so great Sarah. It is amazing how God meets even the smallest desires of our hearts!!! Thanks for sharing this great moment with us . . . I can't wait until I see him perform. Much love!

Mariana

jaywalker said...

christmas comes early! he looks SO EXCITED!