This is a completely random post. I'm sure most of you are going to roll your eyes and wonder again at this crazy (boring?) life I am living. But, it is possible that this may inspire someone out there to think outside the box...When we moved into this house our entertainment center (that I had searched high and low for a few years ago - the perfect size, enough storage, the right style, the right price) just didn't work in our new living room. I was a bit unnaturally attached to it and was unable to just set it out by the street. So we slid it off into the turtle room (the mudroom) until we could decide what to do with it. I posted it on Craigslist (for a crazy cheap price), showed it to friends and basically did everything I could possibly think of to give it a new home. But no one wanted it!
This wasn't really a problem in the summer. But as the weather started cooling and we were getting out more coats, hats, scarves and such I started to get frustrated. This thing was in the way of where I wanted to put wardrobes not to mention the fact that we were using it to collect everything that didn't have a place yet. It was a mess and stressed me out every time I walked in the door.
Then one day it hit me. By removing the glass door and a few shelves and adding a shower curtain rod I could transform the entertainment center into a wardrobe! Perfect! I saved us a ton of money and helped the environment. Not bad.
1 comment:
Good thinking ! It looks just as good as a piece from Ikea.
Post a Comment