I don't usually blog on Sunday night, but the house is quiet and calm now and I am waiting for Aaron to return. I have a few minutes for a quick update so here it is in bullet points again.
- Holland lost in the World Cup final today. It was sad. I had thought for sure they would finally win this year.
- There was some kind of electrical short at our other house. Aaron has spent the evening over there in the heat trying to figure out a) what the problem is b) who's responsible to fix it c) how much it is going to cost. Please pray that the City can fix it and that it won't cost us anything.
- Tomorrow Aaron leaves to help chaperon the summer youth group retreat. He will be gone until Friday. I must say that I am not overly enthusiastic about doing the single parent thing for a week. But I am filling the week up with fun things so hopefully it will fly by. Please pray that I will be patient.
- It felt really good to worship at Highlands again this morning. This particular part of the body of Christ is such a blessing to us.
- My niece Lilly, who is 10 months old, is taking her first wobbly steps. Jeremiah and Nathaniel love her to pieces and like to try and make her laugh. She likes to grab their faces and plant sloppy kisses on them. I can't wait to watch their relationship as it grows.
- Aaron is pursuing a couple of different job opportunities that have nothing to do with teaching. It will be interesting to see what God provides.
- Jeremiah discovered Calvin & Hobbes comics while we were in Holland. So he has started saying things like, "I think my spine is going to telescope!" or "Stop that you tuna brain."
- I really want to post more pictures from our trip, but downloading and organizing 600+ pictures is a bit of an overwhelming task right now.
- Holland lost in the World Cup final today. It was sad. I had thought for sure they would finally win this year.
- There was some kind of electrical short at our other house. Aaron has spent the evening over there in the heat trying to figure out a) what the problem is b) who's responsible to fix it c) how much it is going to cost. Please pray that the City can fix it and that it won't cost us anything.
- Tomorrow Aaron leaves to help chaperon the summer youth group retreat. He will be gone until Friday. I must say that I am not overly enthusiastic about doing the single parent thing for a week. But I am filling the week up with fun things so hopefully it will fly by. Please pray that I will be patient.
- It felt really good to worship at Highlands again this morning. This particular part of the body of Christ is such a blessing to us.
- My niece Lilly, who is 10 months old, is taking her first wobbly steps. Jeremiah and Nathaniel love her to pieces and like to try and make her laugh. She likes to grab their faces and plant sloppy kisses on them. I can't wait to watch their relationship as it grows.
- Aaron is pursuing a couple of different job opportunities that have nothing to do with teaching. It will be interesting to see what God provides.
- Jeremiah discovered Calvin & Hobbes comics while we were in Holland. So he has started saying things like, "I think my spine is going to telescope!" or "Stop that you tuna brain."
- I really want to post more pictures from our trip, but downloading and organizing 600+ pictures is a bit of an overwhelming task right now.
2 comments:
Lol! If I knew you were looking for things to do, I would have asked you guys to take care of the fish and the dog while we're gone this week;-) Except that I think my dog intimidates your kids.
Yea for Calvin & Hobbs!
And I hope one of those job ops is one that maybe Jeff was talking to him about yesterday;-)
i was thinking about asking for a job search update but didn't want to be annoying about it :) i know you probably don't want to discuss it all the time! oh how i hope he finds one soon.
love the beach pictures but brrrrrrr! north sea beach is COLD! did he actually go in the water?
Post a Comment