


I just realized that we are currently finishing up week 5 of school! Wow.
We are still figuring out what works for us. But in general I feel like we are finding a rhythm and finding doing a bit of school work pretty much every day a normal part of our routine.
This week we went on Jeremiah's first field trip sponsored by GCA. It was at Red Top Mountain, a state park about 1 hour south of us. It was a beautiful day with hints of fall in the air. The GCA staff had planned activities but Jeremiah was most interested in the snake's and just walking the trail. He listened to the snake presentation 3 times, but refused to touch the snakes.
We are still figuring out what works for us. But in general I feel like we are finding a rhythm and finding doing a bit of school work pretty much every day a normal part of our routine.
This week we went on Jeremiah's first field trip sponsored by GCA. It was at Red Top Mountain, a state park about 1 hour south of us. It was a beautiful day with hints of fall in the air. The GCA staff had planned activities but Jeremiah was most interested in the snake's and just walking the trail. He listened to the snake presentation 3 times, but refused to touch the snakes.
He got to meet his teacher, Mrs. Honaker, but wasn't interested in talking for long because he was more interested in leading us on a hike through the woods. I was hoping to get to meet more of the parents from our area, but all the activities were so spread out that I was doing good just to keep up with the boys and keep them from trying to swim in the lake.
We had a fun morning playing and hiking and returned home exhausted. I was inspired to think more about taking the boys out to the parks in our area this fall.
We had a fun morning playing and hiking and returned home exhausted. I was inspired to think more about taking the boys out to the parks in our area this fall.
No comments:
Post a Comment