Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Rug

My grandparents gifted us this beautiful Turkish rug and it arrived today. It is gorgeous and fits just perfectly in our living room. But more than that, it carries with it memories. This rug has been in my grandparents house for as long as I can remember. My memories of family Christmas gatherings, the roaring fire place, watching football, boy cousin wrestling matches, family conversations, all have this rug as the back drop.
I am so honored to have this rug in our living room, now the back drop for the memories my children are making.

5 comments:

Norman said...

Do I see two boys in the picture??? ;-)
Looks great!

Anonymous said...

Wow, it pulls the whole room together. Now you can paint! love, oma

Anonymous said...

It looks SO SO beautiful.
I have always been hoping to get a rug like they have. And you're right...the memories, so many memories!

Anonymous said...

beautiful. and i love the room.!! i still have to decide if i want the one my friend is offering. it's equally beautiful but very, very thin. i like the weight of yours better.

jessica

Ramona said...

Nice!