
We are busy this week working at our old house, cleaning and painting and generally trying to get it ready to be rented. (We never intended to become landlords, but that is a whole other story in which we are just walking forward in faith, trusting God's plan rather than our own.) I haven't been in the house since we moved out 2 years ago. So, lots of memories are bubbling up in my mind as we spend time over there. We purchased the house about 18 months after we were married. I still remember the day we got the keys, let ourselves in, kissed each other in the middle of the living room, and prayed that God would bless us as we served Him in that home. We led youth group in that home. We dreamed of children. It was to that home that we brought both Jeremiah and Nathaniel home from the hospital. I still remember the way the sun comes through the windows in the living area and warms the wood floors.One of the things that I have always missed about that house are the 3 gorgeous dogwood trees that lined the driveway and were right outside the living/dining room windows. I loved being able to look out of my windows and see them change with the seasons. They also brought back memories of my childhood. My brothers, cousins and I used to play for hours in 1 specific dogwood tree in my cousins yard. It was perfect for climbing and pretending and story telling. It seems this dogwood is too!
No comments:
Post a Comment