It is Monday morning after almost a month of vacation. Aaron has left for work and I find myself sitting at the dining room table staring into space. Piles of mail lay before me. Piles of clean and dirty clothes that need to be sorted lay around the house. A to-do list for MCC has been started. A to-do list of household responsibilities (pay bills, make weekly menu, balance checkbook etc.) has been started. Two children with their different needs and schedules await my attention. The floor needs to be vacuumed, the dishes loaded, the yard raked.
I don't even know where to begin.
How can I be a good wife, mother, friend, and employee?
On mornings like this I start to despair. I want to just crawl into a cave somewhere and hibernate. This morning I am pushing back panic (and exhaustion) and trying to focus on just one thing at a time.
Breathe, Sarah, breathe.
I will finish my lists and sort things into piles. I will work on one thing at a time and not beat myself up for not finishing everything on all of my lists in one day.
I will put on praise music and ask God to grant me joy as I go about the day.
I will take to boys outside today since it is supposed to be in the 70's and sunny!
I will enjoy the LSU vs. Ohio football game tonight.
I will trust God to give me the strength and energy that I need to do the work that He has called me to do.
1 comment:
praying for you sister . . .
i know how it feels. love you.
M
Post a Comment