Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Everyday Life

Some quick pictures and notes from our daily lives, now that we are trying to regain some level of normalcy. :-)

Nathaniel is determined to watch tv. It almost doesn't seem to matter what we do. If the tv is on he finds a way to watch it. This morning I thought I had him in a position where there was no way he could see the tv while Jeremiah was watching Sesame Street. I was doing some work at the computer and turned to see that Nathaniel had indeed figured out how to position his head so he could watch Elmo as well. I fear for the development of his brain. :-)
On a positive note we had another night of uninteruppted sleep from 8:30pm until 5:00am! Yippee!!!!

I have been reading chat room discussions lately about how playpens are horrible and act as jails for babies. Well. All I have to say is that we love having some playpen time in this house. It gives Nathaniel plenty of room to practice his kicking and almost rolling skills while at the same time keeping him out of the reach of a well intentioned but sometimes overzealous older brother. Plus, where else would I pile all of Nathaniel's toys at night when I try and clean up the living room a little bit?


Sunday was Aunt Moni's birthday! We gave her a call to give her our birthday greetings and Jeremiah wanted to talk to her too. He really is quite the conversationalist when it comes to phone calls. Or maybe I should put it this way, he does all the physical parts of a phone call like holding the phone, nodding his head, walking around the house (that is what I do) but he will only talk by saying "Yes" to questions posed to him. :-)

But, HAPPY BIRTHDAY Moni! Moni is a great sister-in-law. I always appreciate her communication and interest in our lives. Her quick emails have encouraged me many times and I am thankful for our relationship not only as sisters but as sisters in Christ.

No comments: