All of the sudden Nathaniel has morphed from the infant stage into the baby stage. He is suddenly more interactive and seems to have more understanding of what is going on around him. He recognizes his name. He grabs anything within reach and sticks it straight into his mouth. He seems to always need to be right in the middle of the family action. When Aaron and Jeremiah are wrestling Nathaniel watches, wiggling and making hysterical baby noises. I can tell he wants in! He continues to adore Jeremiah and Jeremiah enjoys finding ways to make Nathaniel laugh. And his first 2 little teeth finally popped through the other day!
Last weekend Jeremiah spent the night at his grandparents house. He got a much needed haircut and all of the sudden we are looking at a real grown up little boy! He loves to talk and is very curious. We have deep conversations about all kinds of things. He loves to read and learn. His memory is better than mine and so we are trying to put that to work memorizing his little verses from Sunday School every week. He is also a very meticulous little fellow and always insists that things be done in very specific ways. His Sunday School teacher was amazed that he actually sits still in his chair and listens to the story!
This is the first year that Jeremiah really understands the concept of his birthday and he is in some excitement about his birthday celebration this weekend. I made him little invitations to hand out to his friends in church and yesterday we went to the party supply store where he picked out Elmo plates, Cookie Monster and Zoe napkins, and a Big Bird table cloth. It was so fun to watch him pick out his own things. He laid them all down on the floor side by side and thought for a little while about which ones he wanted. It was a serious decision for him. :-)
This week is very busy. I am starting to go into the office for MCC to work every Monday through Wednesday from about 7 - 10pm. It is the only time when I can go without children and get lots of work done. I fell into bed completely exhausted last night but am trusting in God for the strength I need. Of course there is extra housework to be done this week because I didn't do any last week and because we are having a birthday party here on Sunday. But the extra work reminds me of God's blessings to me and so I try and sing my way through it.
No comments:
Post a Comment